Search

P. F. Chang's China Bistro

With a name like P. F. Chang's China Bistro, an impressive exterior and an equally great decor inside, and with a prime location on Park street, one would expect this restaurant to be pricey.

Indeed, I was in for a very pleasant surprise this weekend, as I savored one of my best dinners in Boston, with great tasting entrees and a sampling of fine Sake, all at reasonable prices. As mentioned earlier, the decor is impressive outside with a statuette of a nicely decorated horse and a well lit seating area.

Inside the restaurant, a large mural displaying old Chinese royalty greets the patrons. The corners are decorated by old Chinese handcrafted statutes. The lighting is also impressive and is neither too dark or too bright.

As it was a cold night, we decided to sit inside. For the appetizers, we savored the Peking Ravioli, certainly among the best of its kind, I have tasted. Our main course included two entrees, the Chengdu Spiced Lamb and Kung Pao Shrimp, both of which were excellent choices. The Lamb came in a bed of lettuce and was soft and delicious. The Shrimp had its own spicy flavor.

For just $7, I could sample three of the restaurant's Sake offerings, the Living Jewel, the Wandering Poet and a cloudy Snow Maiden. Each had its own unique taste.

For $2, I sampled one of the several desert offerings, the Great Wall of Chocolate.While my choice was good, I must admit I was a bit disappointed that they did not have the traditional Chinese fried ice cream. Well, thats just me.

However, the service was a trifle slow, though for his part, the server was courteous and well mannered. Maybe, the restuarant could not keep up with the large crowd that evening. I still believe that this is one of the best places in Boston to get quality Chinese food for a decent price.

Click here for more photos.

blog comments powered by Disqus